How Mindfulness Can Help You Break Up With Sugar Once And For All
Jon and Will from the Men Talking Mindfulness Podcast interviewed the anti-diet, sugar-free warrior, author, and podcaster, Molly Carmel!
Learn about the Breaking Up with Sugar book and how harmful sugar is – for your weight, your skin, your heart, your mind, your sleep, your nervous system and much more!
Check out the episode below.
Some key points you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Molly reminds us that sugar makes you feel good in the moment, but you also know that sugar can be harmful in every part of your body, mind, and spirit. This is an abusive relationship many of us are in with sugar.
- Breaking up with sugar isn’t about what we are losing, it’s about what you gain by changing your focus. Focusing on the negative, the comparisons, and how diets haven’t worked in the past, keeps us in this abusive relationship with sugar.
- Learn about how to implement Molly’s 3 C’s.
- Compassion: understanding the why behind our food choices, and approaching with compassion instead of shame
- Curiosity: wondering why, learning the reason behind our choices
- Corrective action: The knowledge of the why behind our choices can help us make corrective choices
Mindfulness is a key to these 3 C’s. Being able to approach our relationship with food with an open, non judgmental, and curious mind allows us to begin healing our relationship with food.
Hear more from Jon Macaskill and Will Schneider in our Mindfulness & Movement Experience!