5 Easy Steps to Improve Your Physical Health Through Mindfulness
It has been well established that mindfulness is important for our mental health, but how does it affect our physical health? Dr. Theresa Larson joins the Men Talking Mindfulness Podcast to discuss how mindfulness can improve our physical health.
- Take notice of the areas that feel tight or restricted, and get it moving! Spend 2 minutes mobilizing that tight area, once or twice a day.
- Be aware of how long you’ve been sedentary. Our bodies are designed to be active, so get up and take a movement break from sitting every 25 minutes.
- Before you start your warm up at the gym, check in with your body, and see what feels tight, then spend time mobilizing those areas. This will help you get into better positions during your workout and help prevent injuries.
- Prolonged postures throughout the day cause some muscles to get tight, and others to get weak. Learn what your weaknesses are (usually the glutes and scapular muscles), and work on strengthening those during workouts.
- You may not be able to get a workout in everyday, but daily movement is important. Try to stay moving throughout your day and implement gratitude for the activities that you are able to do.
To learn more about the Mind-Body connect for physical health, check out our M2 Experience.