1. Increases Blood Flow to Working Muscles: If you’re big like US – you have a lot of muscle that the blood needs to reach. Increased blood flow means increased nutrients.
2. Increased Muscle Temperature: The increase in temperature allows the muscles to contract more forcefully as well as relax more quickly, so in performance language – BOTH POWER AND STRENGTH can be enhanced. The overstretching of a muscle can cause injury but is less of a risk when the muscle temperature is higher. We KNOW WHO YOU STIFF PEOPLE ARE!!
3. Increases Overall Body Temperature: This improves muscle, connective tissue elasticity which can help decrease the likelihood of a muscle strain or ligamentous sprain.
4. Blood Vessels Dilate: This helps the resistance of blood flow to decrease which means there is less stress on the heart.
5. Improves Efficient Cooling: By activating the heat dissipation mechanism in your body by efficiently sweating, then an athlete can cool efficiently and prevent overheating.
6. Increases Range of Motion: Tissues are less viscous so it’s easier to change and perform mobility after a solid warm up.
7. Hormonal changes in the body occur: The use of Carbohydrates or fatty acids are utilized for energy production.
8. Helps with mental preparation for the workout: Your warm up should mimic the workout and activate the same tissues in the same motor patterns that the workout requires.
9. It is SMART to warm up: THAT IS ALL
10. Goal achievement both in Movement & Mobility: A solid warm up can not only improve your movement in the workout, but improve your ability to mobilize and make a change faster than if you were to do it cold! NUFF SAID!!