Dr. Theresa Larson is this week’s featured guest. She has an amazing story and a fantastic approach to training and performance. You’ll learn all about it in this week’s show.
Dr. Theresa Larson received her doctorate in physical therapy and is a former Marine Corps Engineer Officer and Combat Veteran. She was an All-American Division I softball player at Villanova University. She is also a part of the staff at MobilityWOD and an instructor for CrossFit Mobility courses. Dr. Larson is the author of the book Warrior, A Memoir.
Theresa’s mission is to help people achieve performance goals and tackle the “why” behind the bodies movement inefficiencies.
We had a great chat this week on the show discussing her story, lessons and approach to performance.
Here’s some of what you’ll learn this week:
- How Theresa’s experiences shaped her unique approach to movement and performance
- The 3 people that impacted her career
- How her approach is “different” to get results
- How she assesses and improves breathing (KEY)
- A simple way to “trigger” proper breathing patterns
- How she defines “mental toughness” – this is great!
- What type of strength she’s most proud of…
- How her mental toughness got her through the toughest time of her life
- Her approach to low back pain and dysfunction
- The #1 thing she attributes to “spine health”
- What her movement/mobility program consists of (what, why, and how she does it)
- What is digital rehabilitation?
- Thoughts on mediation
- Specific “actionable advice” after listening to this interview!!!
Order Warrior the Book: http://www.drtheresalarson.com/