Now that we have discussed the importance of grip training and covered some accessory work to get that handshake stronger, let’s cover some mobility techniques necessary to keep a healthy grip.
Work on the following to increase blood flow in the soft tissues and mobilize the joint capsules for improved movement and performance with your grip
- Palm mobilization with lacrosse ball or spoon: 2 minutes a day on each hand while at work or after training
- Forearm mobilization with lacrosse ball (extensors and flexors): 2 minutes a day on each arm while at work or after training
- Banded elbow mobilization: 20 rotations before training or on rest days
- Banded wrist mobilization: 20 reps before training or on rest days
- Pronator stretch: 30-60 seconds total with 4-5 sets of 5 seconds contract and relax before training or at any other time
Have fun with it!